Disclaimer: I received an entry into the Minneapolis Torchlight 5K as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
Torchlight 5K is just around the corner. The excitement is building up as the heart of the summer is passing by. The race Is very iconic in Minneapolis because it kicks off the beginning of the Aquatennial Festival. It’s unique because it is on a week day and in the evening. To have a smooth race experience, here are five insider tips for running the race.
- Park by Target Center – it is super close to the starting line and there is a FREE shuttle that will take you from the after-race party to the Target Center.
- Warm up in Loring Park – the Basilica gets very crowded with people, so if you need a solid warm up go south of the starting line into Loring Park.
- Get into the corral early – the corral is very narrow and there are a ton of people. They let you in from the front so if you are running fast, go in that way.
- Run the middle – the streets of MPLS are really wide so to get the most accurate race distance run in the middle of the street. It will also make you look really cool!
- Enjoy the After Party – after a race, most people ditch out on the after party. This is one party you should not leave early. Usually towards the end they just start handing out beer like its water.
Hopefully these tips can help you out and more importantly reduce some stress before and after the race. Go after that PR because this is a fun and fast race course!
Keep The Run On!
Follow me on: