Last week I previewed a little announcement that I was going to make. This announcement is officially here!
As the New Year roles in, many reflect on the year prior and make plans for the year ahead. I am not one to dwell on things that are in the past but I do look back at my success and failures and try to learn from them. When it comes to the future, I am not much of a “New Year’s resolution” type of guy. Instead, I like to set goals for myself. Whether its work, the relationships I have with people, or personal goals I like to have a clear definition and a path to achieving my goals. This year, the year of 2016, I want to run 1000 miles.
Oh yeah, 1000 miles. For some, it might not seem that much. You might think that it’s not going to be that hard. For others, it might be an impossible goal, something unattainable. For me though, I think this is a perfect goal. I have been running all of my life. I have ran four marathons, 6 half marathons, multiple obstacle races and countless 5Ks. Since I have run all those races, training has become something that is easy to skip out on because I know I can run those miles no matter what. What I am looking for is a challenge that will force me to run the miles every single day. It’s not about time, it’s not about a specific race, but it is all about putting in the work no matter what EVERY SINGLE DAY.
Here is the breakdown:
1000 MILES IN 365 DAYS, 2.74 MILES PER DAY, 19.23 MILES PER WEEK, 83.33 MILES PER MONTH
What do I want to accomplish (besides the obvious of running 1000 miles in 2016)?
- Run 1000 miles in 2016, the obvious
- Become a better and faster runner
- Run every single day for 2.74 miles (this one is a little harder to do considering I already missed a day and had to make it up. But it was New Year’s Day aka hungover)
- Find fun and interesting ways to share my journey to 1000 with my audience (no matter how small it is)
- Pictures: I love to take pictures. I want to be able to find cool ways to take pictures when I run and share them here: INSTAGRAM
- Videos: I have always wanted to make videos. I have made a few already that can be seen here: YOUTUBE. I want to continue to challenge myself in this category and continue to make videos. I will try to make one once a week, kind of like a vlog!
- Writing: I have this BLOG. I will continue to update it every single week to discuss things about running, fitness, travel and whatever else is going on.
- Connect with my audience. I want to be able to provide content that is interesting to at least one person. I am not here for millions of views but if I can get one person to be interested I will be pumped!
Well here we go! You know what I am setting out to do in 2016. If you have questions, comments or suggestions comment below, otherwise I hope you enjoy!! #the1000in2016
Follow me on: